- ¼ cupalmonds, sliced
- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 2 capsportobello mushrooms
- 1 (5 oz) pkgspring mix (mixed greens)
- 2 sliceswhole grain bread
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spring mix if it came pre-washed.)
2 caps portobello mushrooms ½ small pkg fresh basil 1 tomato 1 (5 oz) pkg spring mix (mixed greens)
- 2In a medium bowl, prepare the dressing by whisking together oil, vinegar, Dijon, salt, and pepper.
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp Dijon mustard ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Remove the stems of the mushrooms and carefully scrape out the gills using a spoon.
- 4Toss mushrooms in the dressing, making sure both sides are well coated; leave the mushrooms in the dressing to marinate and set aside.
- 5Preheat oven to broil and position rack under the broiler.
- 6Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons.
- 7Slice the tomato.
- 8Grate the cheese.
½ (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 9Remove mushrooms from the dressing, shaking off excess; transfer mushrooms, stem side down, to a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. (Reserve remaining dressing for the salad.)
- 10Place mushrooms under the broiler and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes per side.
- 11Peel and mince garlic; place in a small bowl, add oil and mix to combine.
1 clove garlic 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 12Drizle bread with oil and garlic mixture.
2 slices whole grain bread
- 13Remove mushrooms from oven and pour off any excess moisture. Place mushrooms back on the sheet pan, stem side up, and fill with tomato slices and cheese. Add bread to the baking sheet next to the mushrooms; return to the broiler until cheese is melted and bread is toasted, 1-2 minutes.
- 14Add spring mix, sliced almonds, and half the basil to the bowl with the remaining dressing, toss to combine.
¼ cup almonds, sliced
- 15To serve, divide salad and toast between plates; top toast with broiled mushroom and garnish with remaining basil. Enjoy!