- 2 clovesgarlic
- ½ lbgreen beans
- ¾ lbsole fillets
- 2 mediumyellow potatoes
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ lb green beans 2 medium yellow potatoes
- 2Peel the potatoes, then halve lengthwise and crosswise; transfer the quarters to a small saucepan. Cover with hot water (from the tap) by about 1 inch and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Trim and discard the ends of the green beans, then halve the green beans. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 4Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, reduce the heat to medium and cook until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 8 to 12 minutes. Once done, reserve about ½ cup of liquid and drain the rest. Cover the saucepan to keep warm.
- 5Add butter to a nonstick skillet and preheat over medium heat.
½ tbsp butter, unsalted
- 6Pat the sole dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season with salt and pepper on both sides.
¾ lb sole fillets ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add the sole; cook until it is cooked through and golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a plate.
- 8Once the sole has been transferred, add the green beans to the skillet and pour in ¼ cup of water. Bring to a boil over high heat; once boiling, cook until bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 9Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 10Add the garlic, butter, salt, and pepper to the green beans. Cook until the water is fully evaporated, another 1 to 2 minutes.
½ tbsp butter, unsalted ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 11Add ½ of the reserved liquid, butter, salt, and pepper to the potatoes; mash with a potato masher until smooth. Add more liquid to thin out the mash if needed.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 12To serve, divide the mashed potatoes, green beans, and sole between plates. Enjoy!