- 2 mediumbeets
- 2 mediumcarrots
- 2Granny Smith apples
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 ½ lbsalmon fillet
- ½ cupwalnuts
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 Granny Smith apples 2 medium carrots 2 medium beets 1 small bunch green onions (scallions) 1 lemon
- 2Quarter the apples, then cut out the core and stem from each section; using a box grater, coarsely grate the sections and transfer to a large salad bowl.
- 3Peel the carrots, then trim off the ends; discard the peels and trimmings. Coarsely grate the carrots and add to the salad bowl.
- 4Trim off and discard the ends of the beets; peel and coarsely grate the beets. (To avoid staining, line your cutting board with paper towels before handling the beets.) Add the beets to the salad bowl.
- 5Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle and transfer to the salad bowl.
- 6Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 7While the skillet heats up, pat the salmon dry with paper towels and place on a plate. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb salmon fillet 1 tsp salt 1 tsp black pepper
- 8When the skillet is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 9Place the salmon, skin-side down, in the skillet; cook the salmon until it is cooked through and flaky, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Once done, remove the skillet from the heat.
- 10While the salmon cooks, roughly chop the walnuts and add to the salad bowl.
½ cup walnuts
- 11Juice the lemon and add to the salad bowl.
- 12Add olive oil, honey, salt, and pepper to the salad bowl; mix the ingredients until well combined.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp honey 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 13To serve, spoon the carrot, beet and apple slaw onto a plate and place the salmon over top. Enjoy!