- 6 mediumcarrots
- 2 medium headscauliflower
- 4pork chops, bone-in
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 medium heads cauliflower 6 medium carrots
- 2Fill a medium saucepan about halfway with hot water (from the tap); bring to a boil.
- 3Trim off and discard the stem ends and leaves of the cauliflower; cut the heads into large florets and thinly slice the stem portions. Transfer to a medium bowl and set aside.
- 4Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5While the skillet heats up, pat the pork chops dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
4 pork chops, bone-in 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 6Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 7Place the pork chops in the skillet and sear until they develop a nice crust, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Then, reduce the heat to medium and cook the chops, flipping occasionally, until they are cooked through (test using a thermometer or cut into a chop with a knife), another 3 to 5 minutes. Once done, transfer the chops to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 8Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, add the cauliflower. Bring to a boil again, then cook until the cauliflower is tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Once done, drain the cauliflower in a colander, then return back to the saucepan and cover to keep warm.
- 9While the pork chops cook, peel the carrots, then trim off the ends; discard the peels and trimmings. Cut the carrots into ¼-inch-thick rounds at a 45° angle.
- 10Once the pork chops have been transferred, add the carrots to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Once done, remove the skillet from the heat.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 11Add butter, salt, and pepper to the cauliflower; mash with a potato masher (or blend with a hand blender for a smoother consistency).
4 tbsp butter, unsalted ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12To serve, divide the cauliflower mash, carrots, and pork chops between plates. Enjoy!