- 2 small bunchesasparagus
- 8 mediumcarrots
- 1 ½ lbcod fillet
- 2 clovesgarlic
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
8 medium carrots 2 small bunches asparagus
- 2Peel the carrots, then trim off the ends; discard the peels and trimmings. Cut the carrots crosswise into 1-inch chunks and transfer to a medium saucepan.
- 3Cover the carrots with hot water (from the tap) by about 1 inch; bring to a boil over high heat.
- 4Snap or cut off and discard the woody ends of the asparagus; cut the spears into 2-inch pieces at an angle and transfer to a bowl.
- 5Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, reduce the heat slightly and simmer until the carrots are tender when pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Once the carrots are cooked, reserve 1 cup of cooking water and drain the carrots in a colander. Return the carrots to the saucepan.
- 6Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 7While the skillet heats up, pat the cod dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb cod fillet 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 8Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 9Carefully place the cod in the skillet; cook until it is opaque throughout and flakes easily, 2 to 4 minutes per side (depending on thickness). Once done, transfer to a plate.
- 10Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 11Once the cod has been transferred, add more coconut oil to the skillet, then add the asparagus and season with salt and pepper. Cook the asparagus, stirring occasionally, until bright green and tender-crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Once done, remove the skillet from the heat.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12To the carrots, add ½ of the reserved cooked water, garlic, butter, salt, and pepper; mash with a potato masher or purée with a hand blender until smooth. Add more cooking water to thin out the mash if needed.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 13To serve, divide the carrot purée between plates, then top with the asparagus and cod. Enjoy!