- 0.34 kgchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- ½ (227 g) pkgfresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  onion powder
- 1Place a small saucepan on medium-high heat; add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar; stir until sugar is dissolved. Cook until reduced by half, or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 10-15 minutes. Once done, remove from heat.
¼ cup balsamic vinegar 1 ½ tsp brown sugar
- 2Holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut the chicken breasts in half horizontally, forming thin fillets.
⅓ kg chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 3Mix the spices together in a small bowl. Rub chicken fillets with the spice mixture on both sides.
¼ tsp oregano ¼ tsp garlic powder ¼ tsp onion powder ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4Heat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 small pkg fresh basil 4 tomatoes
- 6When hot, coat grill pan with oil.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7Place the chicken fillets in the grill pan; cook until they are golden brown and cooked through, 5-6 minutes per side. Once done, remove from heat.
- 8Preheat oven to broil and position rack under the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up (optional).
- 9Small dice the tomatoes and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 10Peel and mince the shallots and garlic and add to the bowl with the tomatoes.
1 shallot 2 cloves garlic
- 11Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons. Add to the bowl with the tomatoes. Add the oil, salt, and pepper and stir to combine. Set aside.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 1 pinch salt 1 pinch black pepper
- 12Slice the fresh mozzarella.
½ (227 g) pkg fresh mozzarella cheese
- 13Place cooked chicken on the baking sheet pan. Top with sliced mozzarella. Place in the oven and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt.
- 14To serve, divide the chicken between plates, top with tomato mixture, and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Enjoy!