- 1 mediumcarrot
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- ½ (14.5 oz) candiced tomatoes
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1red bell pepper
- ¾ lbtilapia fillet
- 2 tbsptomato paste
- 1 cupwhole wheat couscous
- ½ mediumyellow onion
- 1 mediumzucchini squash
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  chili powder
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Remove from heat, add couscous, and stir. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Uncover couscous and fluff with a fork.
12 fl oz (1 ½ cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Pat the fish dry with paper towels and place on a plate. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
¾ lb tilapia fillet ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4Sprinkle flour over both sides of each fillet and press gently to adhere.
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 5Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add fish to the skillet and cook until opaque and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate and cover with foil.
1 ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 red bell pepper 1 medium carrot 1 medium zucchini squash ½ small bunch cilantro ½ lemon
- 7Seed and slice bell pepper into thin strips. Peel, halve, and thinly slice onion. Peel and thinly slice garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 8Return skillet to medium-high heat.
- 9Once the skillet is hot, add more oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice carrot. Trim and thinly slice zucchini. Add both to the skillet along with the spices. Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
½ tsp paprika ½ tsp cumin ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp chili powder ¼ tsp turmeric ⅛ tsp black pepper 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 11Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato paste, and sugar. Increase temperature to high and bring to a boil; then reduce heat to medium and let simmer, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, 2-3 minutes.
½ (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes 4 fl oz (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth 2 tbsp tomato paste ½ tsp brown sugar
- 12Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add half of the cilantro to the skillet (reserve the rest for garnish).
- 13Place fish fillets in the skillet over the vegetables, spooning a thin layer of sauce over the top to cover. Cover with a lid and let simmer until veggies are soft and fish is warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- 14Cut the lemon into wedges.
- 15To serve, divide couscous and vegetable-fish sauté between plates or bowls. Garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges. Enjoy!