- 3 slicesbacon
- 1 smallbutternut squash
- ¼ small pkgfresh thyme
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ¾ lbground turkey
- ¼ cupwalnuts
-  black pepper
-  pure maple syrup
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F and position rack in the centre. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Wash the butternut squash. Trim off and discard the ends of the squash; halve the squash lengthwise and scrape out the seeds from each half. Peel and cut into ½-inch cubes, about 4 cups.
1 small butternut squash
- 3Wash and dry thyme. Slide leaves off the stems; discard the stems.
¼ small pkg fresh thyme
- 4In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Add maple syrup, cinnamon, thyme and salt. Stir to combine then remove from the heat and add to a medium bowl.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil 2 tbsp pure maple syrup ⅛ tsp cinnamon ⅛ tsp salt
- 5Roughly chop walnuts and add to bowl with the coconut oil and spices.
¼ cup walnuts
- 6Add butternut squash pieces to bowl. Toss to coat and spread out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 7Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and mince or grate the ginger. Add to a medium bowl.
2 cloves garlic 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root
- 8Add ground turkey to the bowl with the garlic and ginger.
¾ lb ground turkey
- 9Mince bacon and add to ground turkey.
3 slices bacon
- 10Season turkey and bacon with cumin, salt and pepper and stir to combine.
¼ tsp cumin ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 11Form meat mixture into 2-inch size meatballs and place top of squash.
- 12Bake for 15-20 minutes, until meatballs are golden brown and cooked through and squash is soft.
- 13To serve, divide squash, spiced walnuts and meatballs between plates. Enjoy!