- ½ cupbasmati rice
- ¾ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- ½ (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- 1red bell pepper
- ½ mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
½ cup basmati rice 8 fl oz (1 cup) water
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 red bell pepper 1 mango 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root ½ small bunch cilantro
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Quarter the bell pepper lengthwise; remove and discard the stem, seeds, and membranes. Large dice the pepper into ¾-inch cubes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 5Trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion into ¼-inch pieces. Add to the bowl with the bell pepper.
½ medium red onion
- 6Peel the mango, then slice off the flesh from the pit, starting with the flatter sides; discard the pit and large dice the flesh into ¾-inch cubes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 7Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 8Peel and grate or mince the ginger. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 9Trim off and discard the root end of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add to the bowl with the ginger.
1 clove garlic
- 10To the ginger and garlic, add curry powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
1 tbsp curry powder ½ tsp cumin ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 11Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat.
- 12While the pan heats up, pat the chicken dry with paper towels, then cut into 1-inch cubes.
¾ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 13Once the pan is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 14Add the chicken to the pan and season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned but not cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 15Once the chicken has been transferred, add the bell pepper and onion to the pan; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 16Add the spice mixture to the pan; stir until fragrant and well combined, 15 to 30 seconds.
- 17Add the coconut milk and mango to the pan; bring to a boil.
½ (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk
- 18Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the chicken and about ¾ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing) to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- 19Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 20To serve, divide the rice between bowls, top with the curry, and garnish with the remaining cilantro. Enjoy!