- 2 (5 oz) pkgsbaby arugula
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 bunchkale
- ½ (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 4 mediumyellow potatoes
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  panko bread crumbs
-  pure maple syrup
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
4 medium yellow potatoes 1 bunch kale 1 small bunch green onions (scallions) 2 (5 oz) pkgs baby arugula 2 lemons 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 2Peel and chop the potatoes into 1-inch cubes; peel and smash the garlic (press firmly with the flat side of a knife or bottom of a pot).
4 cloves garlic
- 3Place the potatoes and garlic in a medium saucepan, season with salt, and cover with water. Cover with a lid and place on the stove at high heat; bring the water to a boil.
2 tsp salt
- 4Fold leaves of kale in half lengthwise and slice off the stems. Chop or tear leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- 5When the potato water comes to a boil, uncover, turn down to medium, and cook until potatoes are almost done, 8 minutes. Add kale to the pot and cook 2 minutes more.
- 6Meanwhile, grate the zest from the lemons and transfer to a small bowl, then juice the lemons into a large salad bowl.
- 7Grate cheese and set aside.
½ (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 8Add oil, maple syrup, Dijon, salt, and pepper to the salad bowl with the lemon juice; whisk to combine the dressing.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp pure maple syrup 4 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 9Halve the grape tomatoes and add them to the bowl with the dressing. Chop green onions into ¼-inch pieces, set aside.
- 10Once potatoes and kale are done, drain and return to the pot. Cook, shaking the pan occasionally, over medium-low heat until dry, about 2 minutes; remove from heat
- 11Using a potato masher or fork, mash potato and kale until almost smooth, with a few small chunks remaining. Add bread crumbs, cheese, egg, green onions, Dijon, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
½ cup panko bread crumbs 2 eggs 4 tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 12Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 13Meanwhile, add mayonaise, garlic powder, and paprika to the small bowl with the lemon zest and mix to make the aioli.
½ cup mayonnaise 1 tsp garlic powder ½ tsp paprika
- 14Once the skillet is hot add oil. Using a ⅓ measuring cup for each cake, drop potato mixture into the pan, pressing to make ½-inch thick rounds. Cook 3 minutes on each side, until crisp and golden; set aside. Cook in batches if necessary.
2 tsp virgin coconut oil
- 15Toss arugula with salad dressing and tomatoes.
- 16To serve, divide potato cakes and salad between plates. Serve with aioli and enjoy!