- 1 (142 g) pkgbaby spinach
- 1 medium headcauliflower
- 946 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (2 ½ cm) piecesginger root
- 0.45 kgsweet potato
- 2whole grain pitas
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red lentils
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
2 (2 ½ cm) pieces ginger root 0.45 kg sweet potato 1 medium head cauliflower 1 (142 g) pkg baby spinach
- 2Peel and small dice the onion. Peel and mince the garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 3Preheat a large pot over medium heat.
- 4Peel and mince or grate the ginger.
- 5Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add onion and garlic to the pot; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, rinse the lentils in a colander or strainer.
1 cup red lentils
- 8Add ginger and spices to the pot; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
2 tbsp curry powder 2 tsp coriander 1 tsp cumin
- 9Add the lentils, broth, water, salt and pepper to the pot; bring the mixture to a boil.
946 ml chicken or vegetable broth 2 cup water ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 10Meanwhile, peel and small dice the sweet potatoes; add to the pot.
- 11Trim and discard the leaves and thick stem of the cauliflower and cut into small, bite-sized pieces; add to the pot.
- 12Stir to combine the soup, then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 13Cut pita into wedges.
2 whole grain pitas
- 14Uncover the soup and stir in the spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted and soup is heated through, about 3 more minutes.
- 15To serve, divide soup between bowls and serve with pita on the side. Enjoy!