- ½ (5 oz) pkgbaby spinach
- ½ medium headcauliflower
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½ lbsweet potato
- 1whole grain pita
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red lentils
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
1 (1 inch) piece ginger root ½ lb sweet potato ½ medium head cauliflower ½ (5 oz) pkg baby spinach
- 2Peel and small dice the onion. Peel and mince the garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 1 clove garlic
- 3Preheat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Peel and mince or grate the ginger.
- 5Once the pan is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add onion and garlic to the pan; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, rinse the lentils in a colander or strainer.
½ cup red lentils
- 8Add ginger and spices to the pan; cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
1 tbsp curry powder 1 tsp coriander ½ tsp cumin
- 9Add the lentils, broth, water, salt and pepper to the pan; bring the mixture to a boil.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 1 cup water ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Meanwhile, peel and small dice the sweet potato; add to the pan.
- 11Trim and discard the leaves and thick stem of the cauliflower and cut into small, bite-sized pieces; add to the pan.
- 12Stir to combine the soup, then cover and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils and vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 13Cut pita into wedges.
1 whole grain pita
- 14Uncover the soup and stir in the spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted and soup is heated through, about 2 more minutes.
- 15To serve, divide soup between bowls and serve with pita on the side. Enjoy!