- 1 clovegarlic
- ½green bell pepper
- ⅓ (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 2pork sausages
- 1red bell pepper
- ½ (8 oz) cantomato sauce
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Place sausages on a baking sheet pan and place in the oven (it doesn't have to be fully heated); bake for 8-10 minutes while you prepare the veggies.
2 pork sausages
- 3Wash and dry bell peppers. Seed and slice into thin strips; transfer to a medium bowl.
1 red bell pepper ½ green bell pepper
- 4Peel and mince garlic. Peel and thinly slice onion into half rings; transfer both to the bowl with the peppers.
1 clove garlic ½ medium yellow onion
- 5Add oil, salt, and Italian seasoning to the bowl with the veggies; toss to combine.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- 6Remove baking sheet pan from the oven, flip sausages, and push them to one side. Add veggie mixture to the pan and return to the oven; continue to bake until veggies are tender and sausages are cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, pour tomato sauce into the bowl used for the veggies. Add spices and stir to combine; set aside.
½ (8 oz) can tomato sauce ⅛ tsp Italian seasoning 1 pinch crushed red pepper 1 pinch salt
- 8Grate cheese.
⅓ (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 9When the sausages and veggies are done, remove from the oven; set oven temperature to broil on high.
- 10Split the rolls in half and place on another baking sheet pan, cut-side facing up. Place in the oven and broil until lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes. Remove from the oven.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 11Meanwhile, slice sausages in half crosswise.
- 12Set the tops of the rolls aside, leaving the bottoms on the baking sheet pan. Sprinkle the bottoms with half of the cheese. Divide veggies, sauce, and sausages between the rolls and top with remaining cheese. Place in the oven and broil to melt the cheese, about 1 minute.
- 13Close sandwiches and divide between plates. Enjoy!