- 1 (15 oz) canblack beans
- 4 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1 (14.5 oz) candiced tomatoes
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ¾ lbsweet potato
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 2Peel and small dice onion. Wash and medium dice sweet potatoes (without peeling).
½ medium yellow onion ¾ lb sweet potatoes
- 3Coat bottom of saucepan with oil. Add onion and potatoes. Stirring frequently, cook until onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 4Peel and mince garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 5Once onion is softened, add garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper to saucepan. Stir and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
½ tbsp chili powder 1 tsp cumin ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 6Add broth and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook chili until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
4 fl oz (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 7Drain and rinse beans; add to saucepan while the chili is simmering.
1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 8Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add ¾ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing) to saucepan; stir to combine. Continue cooking until potatoes are tender.
½ small bunch cilantro
- 9Serve chili in a bowl, garnish with remaining cilantro, and enjoy!