- ½ cupbasmati rice
- ¾ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- ½ (13.5 fl oz) cancoconut milk
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- 1green bell pepper
- ½ smallpineapple
- 1red bell pepper
- 1 mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
-  Worcestershire sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 green bell pepper 1 red bell pepper ½ lemon ½ small bunch cilantro 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root ½ small pineapple
- 3Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and mince (or grate) the ginger.
2 cloves garlic
- 4Juice the lemon into a large bowl.
- 5Add garlic, ginger, soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, rice vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and cornstarch to the bowl with the lemon juice. Whisk until smooth and set aside.
1 tbsp soy sauce ¼ cup ketchup 2 tbsp brown sugar 1 tbsp rice vinegar 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce ⅛ tsp black pepper 2 tsp cornstarch
- 6Seed the bell peppers and cut into 1-inch pieces; place in the bowl with the sauce.
- 7Peel and cut the onion into 1-inch pieces; add to the bowl with the bell peppers.
1 medium red onion
- 8Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
¾ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9Add the chicken into the large bowl with the sauce and veggies. Toss to combine and spread onto the baking sheet in a single layer; bake for 10 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, heat a medium saucepan over high heat. Add coconut milk, water, and salt and bring to a boil.
½ (13.5 fl oz) can coconut milk ⅓ cup water ¼ tsp salt
- 11Cut skin off pineapple, core, and cut into bite-sized pieces and set aside. You will need about 2 cups diced.
- 12Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir in the rice, and reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook until the rice is tender and all liquid has been absorbed, about 12 minutes.
½ cup basmati rice
- 13Remove chicken from oven and add the pineapple to the mixture. Return to oven and bake for another 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- 14Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 15To serve, divide the rice between bowls and top with the chicken and veggies. Garnish with cilantro and enjoy!