- ½ (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½Granny Smith apple
- ½ lbgreen beans
- ½ ozParmesan cheese
- ⅛ cuppine nuts
- ½ (5 oz) pkgspring mix (mixed greens)
- 4 sliceswhole grain bread
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  pure maple syrup
- 1Fill a medium saucepan about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the mixed greens if they came pre-washed.)
½ small pkg fresh basil ½ lb green beans ½ Granny Smith apple ½ (5 oz) pkg spring mix (mixed greens)
- 3Finely grate the Parmesan; transfer to a small bowl.
½ oz Parmesan cheese
- 4Peel and mince the garlic. Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add both to the bowl with the parmesan.
1 clove garlic
- 5Trim and discard the ends of the green beans. Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, add the beans and cook until bright green and tender-crisp, 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- 6Finely chop the pine nuts.
⅛ cup pine nuts
- 7Add pine nuts, oil, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the Parmesan and stir to combine the pesto; set aside.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 8Coarsely grate the cheddar.
½ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 9Divide pesto among bread slices and top half of them with half of the cheddar. Arrange green beans on top of the cheddar so that they all face the same direction. Cover with remaining cheese and close sandwiches; press to secure ingredients.
4 slices whole grain bread
- 10Preheat a skillet over medium-low heat.
- 11Once the skillet is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom. Place sandwiches in the skillet and cook, flipping once, until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 3-4 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a cutting board; slice sandwiches on the diagonal.
2 tsp butter, unsalted
- 12Meanwhile, combine oil, vinegar, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl; whisk to combine the dressing.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp apple cider vinegar 1 tsp pure maple syrup ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 13Core and thinly slice apple; add apple and mixed greens to the bowl with the dressing; toss to combine the salad.
- 14To serve, divide the salad and sandwiches between plates. Enjoy!