- 1 (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ½ cupKalamata olives, pitted
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- 1 mediumyellow onion
- 4 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F and place the rack in the center position.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 medium zucchini squash 2 tomatoes
- 3Halve the zucchini lengthwise, then scrape out and discard the soft flesh from the middle of each half.
- 4Place the zucchini halves cut-side-up on a baking sheet; rub with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Place the zucchini halves in the oven and bake while you prepare the filling, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 6Cut the tomatoes into ¼-inch cubes and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 7Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 8While the skillet heats up, trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; cut into ¼-inch cubes.
1 medium yellow onion
- 9Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 10Add the onion to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 11While the onion cooks, trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 12Add the garlic and oregano to the skillet; cook until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
1 tsp oregano
- 13Add the ground beef to the skillet and increase the heat to high; season with salt and pepper. Cook the beef, breaking apart with a spoon, until browned and crumbly, 3 to 5 minutes.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 14While the beef cooks, halve the olives.
½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 15Remove the baking sheet from the oven, change the setting to broil, and place the rack about 6 inches from the top heat source.
- 16Add the tomatoes and olives to the skillet and cook the mixture for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
- 17Divide the beef filling between the zucchini halves, then sprinkle with feta overtop.
1 (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese
- 18Return the zucchini to the oven and broil until the cheese melts and is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 19To serve, place the zucchini boats on a plate. Enjoy!