- 1 crownbroccoli
- 0.33 (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 (16 oz) pkgpotato gnocchi
- 10 fl ozwhole milk
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  garlic powder
- 1Fill a medium saucepan about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Meanwhile, wash and dry broccoli. Separate into bite-sized florets and cut stems into smaller pieces.
1 crown broccoli
- 3Once the water in the saucepan is boiling, add broccoli and gnocchi. Cook, stirring occasionally, until gnocchi begins to float to the surface, about 3 minutes.
1 (16 oz) pkg potato gnocchi
- 4Meanwhile, coarsely grate the cheese and set aside.
⅓ (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 5When the gnocchi and broccoli are done, drain and return to the saucepan. Cover and set aside.
- 6Preheat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 7Once the pan is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 ½ tbsp butter, unsalted
- 8Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook, whisking frequently, for 1 minute.
1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour
- 9Slowly pour milk into the pan, whisking constantly. Continue whisking until the sauce has thickened, 3-4 minutes.
10 fl oz (1 ¼ cups) whole milk
- 10Add cheese and spices to the pan; whisk until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth.
½ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- 11Pour sauce into the pan with the gnocchi and broccoli; stir to combine.
- 12To serve, divide gnocchi and broccoli between bowls and enjoy!