- ½ headbutter (Boston) lettuce
- 1 mediumcarrot
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 (1 inch) pieceginger root
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ½jalapeño pepper
- 1 (7.5 oz) canwild pink salmon, traditional style
-  chili-garlic sauce
-  panko bread crumbs
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ lime 1 (1 inch) piece ginger root ½ jalapeño pepper ½ small bunch cilantro ½ small bunch green onions (scallions) ½ avocado 1 medium carrot ½ head butter (Boston) lettuce
- 2Zest and juice the lime into a medium bowl.
- 3Peel and grate or mince the ginger; peel and mince garlic. Transfer both to the bowl with the lime.
1 clove garlic
- 4Quarter jalapeño pepper lengthwise; seed and remove ribs with a spoon. Finely dice and add to the bowl. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 5Shave cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves and add to the bowl.
- 6Trim off and discard ends of the green onions; cut the onions crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle. Add half to the bowl; reserve the rest for garnish.
- 7Drain salmon. Add to the bowl along with the egg, mayonnaise, bread crumbs, and salt; mash with a fork to combine.
1 (7.5 oz) can wild pink salmon, traditional style 1 egg 2 tbsp mayonnaise ¼ cup panko bread crumbs ⅛ tsp salt
- 8Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9Using a ¼ cup measure, portion and form the salmon mixture into ½-inch thick patties.
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Place patties in the skillet and cook until browned on the outside and warmed through, about 3 minutes per side. Remove to a plate.
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 11Meanwhile, halve and pit avocado; slice lengthwise and crosswise while still in the skin and scoop out with a spoon.
- 12Trim off and discard ends of the carrot. Using a julienne (or regular) peeler, peel the carrot into thin noodle-like sticks.
- 13In a small bowl mix together chili-garlic sauce and mayonnaise.
1 tsp chili-garlic sauce 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 14Separate the lettuce into leaves. Pile leaves, in stacks of two per wrap, onto plates. Divide carrots, salmon cakes, and avocado between leaves; top with spicy mayo and reserved green onion. Enjoy!