- 6 slicesbacon
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 44 mlheavy cream
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 85 gParmesan cheese
- 283 gspaghetti pasta
-  black pepper
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, season water with salt, cover and bring to a boil. Add pasta and stir for a few seconds. Cook, uncovered, until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes
2 tsp salt 283 g spaghetti pasta
- 2While pasta is cooking, preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Chop the bacon into 1-inch pieces; add to the skillet and cook until crispy, 4-5 minutes. Once done, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
6 slices bacon
- 4Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a medium bowl; add cream and whisk to combine.
4 eggs 44 ml heavy cream
- 5Finely grate Parmesan and transfer to the bowl with egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
85 g Parmesan cheese 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 6When pasta is done, drain in a colander, reserving ½ cup of cooking liquid.
- 7Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 8Add 1 tbsp of reserved bacon fat to empty pasta pot. Return pot to heat, reduce heat to low. Add garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- 9Return pasta and bacon to pot. Add the egg mixture to pasta, stirring frequently. Stir just until the egg mixture begins to thicken, 3-4 minutes.
- 10If the sauce seems dry, add some of the reserved pasta water 1 tbsp at a time, until rich and creamy.
- 11Wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Reserve a small amount for garnish and add the rest to the pot with the pasta.
1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 12To serve, divide pasta between bowls and garnish with remaining parsley. Enjoy!