- 3 slicesbacon
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ¾ fl ozheavy cream
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 ½ ozParmesan cheese
- 5 ozspaghetti pasta
-  black pepper
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with water, season water with salt, cover and bring to a boil. Add pasta and stir for a few seconds. Cook, uncovered, until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
1 tsp salt 5 oz spaghetti pasta
- 2While pasta is cooking, preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Chop the bacon into 1-inch pieces; add to the skillet and cook until crispy, 4-5 minutes. Once done, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve 1 tbsp of bacon fat.
3 slices bacon
- 4Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a medium bowl; add 1 ½ tbsp cream and whisk to combine.
2 eggs ¾ fl oz heavy cream
- 5Finely grate Parmesan and transfer to the bowl with egg mixture. Season with salt and pepper; whisk to combine.
1 ½ oz Parmesan cheese ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6When pasta is done, drain in a colander, reserving ½ cup of cooking liquid.
- 7Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 8Add the reserved bacon fat to empty pasta pot. Return pot to heat, reduce heat to low. Add garlic, stirring until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
- 9Return pasta and bacon to pot. Remove pot from heat, add the egg mixture to pasta, stirring frequently. Stir just until the egg mixture begins to thicken, 3-4 minutes.
- 10If the sauce seems dry, add some of the reserved pasta water 1 tbsp at a time, until rich and creamy.
- 11Wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Reserve a small amount for garnish and add the rest to the pot with the pasta.
½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 12To serve, divide pasta between bowls and garnish with remaining parsley. Enjoy!