- 1 (6 oz) jarartichoke hearts, marinated
- 1 headbutter (Boston) lettuce
- ½ tbspcapers
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ mediumred onion
- ¾ lbtilapia fillet
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  panko bread crumbs
-  pure maple syrup
-  white wine vinegar
- 1Peel and mince garlic; mince capers. Transfer both to a small bowl along with mayo, vinegar, Dijon, and pepper. Whisk to combine the tartar sauce; set aside.
1 clove garlic ½ tbsp capers 3 tbsp mayonnaise 1 tsp white wine vinegar 1 tsp Dijon mustard 1 pinch black pepper
- 2Combine oil, vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, salt, and pepper in a salad bowl; whisk to combine the dressing.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp white wine vinegar ½ tsp Dijon mustard ½ tsp pure maple syrup ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3Peel and thinly slice onion into half rounds. Set half of the onions aside on a plate. Add the other half to the bowl with the dressing and stir to combine.
½ medium red onion
- 4Wash and dry the tomatoes, then halve and slice them. Place half of the tomatoes on the plate; transfer the other half to the salad bowl.
- 5Drain and thinly slice artichoke hearts; transfer to the salad bowl. Set aside while you prepare the fish.
1 (6 oz) jar artichoke hearts, marinated
- 6Whisk egg in a medium bowl.
- 7Place bread crumbs in a second medium bowl.
½ cup panko bread crumbs
- 8Pat the fish dry with paper towels and place on a plate. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
¾ lb tilapia fillet ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 9Sprinkle flour over both sides of each fillet. Press gently to adhere.
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 10Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 11To bread the fish, dip each fillet into the egg, and then the bread crumbs. Press gently to adhere.
- 12Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add fish to the skillet and cook until golden brown and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a clean plate lined with paper towel.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 13Meanwhile, toast the rolls.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 14Wash and dry the lettuce; separate the leaves. Set aside 2 large leaves per sandwich. Chop or tear remaining leaves into bite-sized pieces, add to the salad bowl and toss to combine.
1 head butter (Boston) lettuce
- 15Place the bottom half of a roll on each plate. Layer with tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, and a crispy fish fillet; close with top half of the roll. Serve salad on the side and enjoy!