- 1 (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small pkgfresh rosemary
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 4 fl ozheavy cream
- 1 ozParmesan cheese
- 10 ozpenne pasta
- 1 (15 oz) canpure pumpkin purée
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the arugula if it came pre-washed.)
1 (5 oz) pkg baby arugula 1 small pkg fresh rosemary
- 2Fill a large pot about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover with a lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 3Finely grate 1 cup of Parmesan and transfer to a small bowl.
1 oz Parmesan cheese
- 4Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5While the skillet heats up, pat the chicken dry with paper towels and place on a cutting board. Holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut the chicken in half horizontally to form thin cutlets. Season the cutlets with salt and pepper on both sides.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 6Once the skillet is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 7Place the chicken cutlets in the skillet; cook until they are golden brown on the outside and cooked through in the center, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. Cook in batches if necessary.
- 8When the water in the pot comes to a boil, uncover the pot and season the water with salt, then add the pasta and stir for a few seconds. Cook the pasta, uncovered, for 11 to 12 minutes (or according to package directions). Drain the pasta in a colander.
2 tbsp salt 10 oz (about 3 cups) penne pasta
- 9Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 10Once the chicken has been transferred, reduce the heat to medium and add more oil to the skillet.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 11Add the rosemary sprigs to the skillet and cook until they start to turn brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate, leaving the oil in the skillet.
- 12Once the rosemary has been transferred, add the pumpkin pureé, garlic, and crushed red pepper to the skillet; cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
1 (15 oz) can pure pumpkin purée ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 13Add the cream, broth, and Parmesan to the skillet. Cook, stirring until the mixture is well combined, 1 to 2 minutes, then remove from the heat.
4 fl oz (½ cup) heavy cream 8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 14Add the pasta and arugula to the skillet; stir until the pasta is thoroughly coated with the sauce.
- 15One by one, holding a sprig of rosemary at its top, run your fingers down it to remove the leaves. Discard the sprigs and chop the fried leaves; transfer to a small bowl.
- 16Place the chicken on a cutting board and cut on the diagonal into strips.
- 17To serve, divide the pasta between dishes, top with the chicken slices, and garnish with the fried rosemary leaves. Enjoy!