- ½ (5 oz) pkgbaby arugula
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ ozParmesan cheese
- 3 capsportobello mushrooms
- 1whole grain bun or roll
- 12 fl ozwhole milk
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  Italian seasoning
-  onion powder
-  parsley flakes
-  pure maple syrup
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 leek 3 caps portobello mushrooms ½ lemon ½ (5 oz) pkg baby arugula
- 2Trim off the root end and the dark green top of the leek, leaving only the white and pale green parts. Cut leek in half lengthwise and rinse under running water, separating the layers to remove any dirt and grit. Slice crosswise into ½-inch half-moons.
- 3Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Once the pan is hot, add butter and swirl to coat the bottom. Add the leek and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 3 minutes.
2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 5Halve mushrooms then cut crosswise into thin strips. Add to the pan with the leeks.
- 6Add flour to the pan; cook, stirring constantly, until combined, about 1 minute.
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 7Gradually stir milk into the pan, then add the broth, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender.
12 fl oz (1 ½ cups) whole milk 8 fl oz (1 cup) chicken or vegetable broth ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8Meanwhile, zest and juice lemon into a medium bowl. Add oil, maple syrup, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine the dressing. Add arugula and toss to combine; set aside.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp pure maple syrup ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9Preheat oven to broil on high and position rack under the broiler.
- 10Peel and mince garlic; transfer to a small bowl. Add butter and mash with the back of a spoon until soft.
1 clove garlic 2 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 11Finely grate Parmesan. Add to the bowl with the butter along with spices; mash with the back of a spoon to combine.
½ oz Parmesan cheese ½ tsp Italian seasoning ⅛ tsp garlic powder ⅛ tsp onion powder ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 12Slice roll in half and place on a baking sheet pan, cut-side up. Spread with garlic butter and sprinkle with parsley. Place in the oven and cook until golden around the edges, 2-3 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut in half.
1 whole grain bun or roll ¼ tsp parsley flakes
- 13Meanwhile, using an immersion (hand) or regular blender, purée the soup until almost smooth, leaving some flecks for texture.
- 14Divide soup between bowls; serve with lemony arugula and garlic bread on the side. Enjoy!