- 2 earscorn
- 5 ozfettuccine pasta
- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- 1 clovegarlic
- 1 pintgrape tomatoes
- ⅛ cuppine nuts
- ¾ lbsea scallops
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Fill a large pot halfway with hot water (from the tap), cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add pasta and salt, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
5 oz fettuccine pasta 1 tsp salt
- 2Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ small pkg fresh basil 2 ears corn 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3Peel and mince garlic. Place in a small bowl along with oil, salt, and crushed red pepper; whisk to combine.
1 clove garlic 1 ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil ⅛ tsp salt 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 4Finely chop pine nuts and add to the bowl.
⅛ cup pine nuts
- 5Pick basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Add to the bowl and stir to combine the pesto. Set aside.
- 6Remove husks and silks from corn. Using your hands, snap each ear in half. Working over a medium bowl, coarsely grate corn off of the cob, catching all of the kernels and juices in the bowl.
- 7Halve tomatoes and add to the bowl with the corn. Set aside.
- 8Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 9While the skillet heats up, pat scallops dry with paper towels and place on a plate; rub with oil and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
¾ lb sea scallops 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 10Once the skillet is hot, add scallops in a single layer; cook until they develop a nice sear and are opaque throughout, 1½-2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a clean plate and loosely cover with foil.
- 11When the pasta is done, drain and rinse in a colander.
- 12Return the large pot to the stove over medium heat. Add grated corn, tomatoes, and any juices left in the bowl, along with water, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until the corn thickens and becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
2 tbsp water ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 13Add pasta and half of the pesto to the pot; toss to coat. Continue to cook until warmed through, 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- 14To serve, divide pasta and scallops between bowls or plates. Top with remaining pesto and enjoy!