- 2 small bunchesasparagus
- 2 tbspcapers
- 1 ½ lbcod fillet
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ½ cupKalamata olives, pitted
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Heat the oven to 425°F and position rack in the center.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 small bunches asparagus 6 tomatoes 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 3Snap or cut off and discard the woody ends of the asparagus; transfer the spears to a baking sheet.
- 4Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat, then spread out in a single layer. Set aside.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 5Peel and mince the garlic; transfer to a medium bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 6Medium dice the tomatoes; add to the garlic.
- 7Place the asparagus in the oven and roast until tender-crisp, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 8Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 9Peel and small dice the onion; transfer to a small bowl.
1 medium yellow onion
- 10Add olive oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 11Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until it softens and browns, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 12While the onion cooks, measure out the olives and capers and add to the bowl with the tomatoes and garlic.
½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted 2 tbsp capers
- 13Add more olive oil to the skillet, followed by the tomatoes, garlic, olives, and capers. Season with salt and pepper.
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 14Place the fish in the skillet and sink into the sauce; cook until it is opaque and flakes easily, 4 to 5 minutes per side.
1 ½ lb cod fillet
- 15Shave the parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 16Add most of the parsley to the skillet (save a little for garnishing) and stir into the sauce.
- 17To serve, divide the asparagus between plates and place the fish fillets on top. Spoon the tomato sauce over top and garnish with the remaining parsley. Enjoy!