- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1English cucumber
- ¾ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 English cucumber 1 avocado ½ lime ½ small bunch cilantro
- 2Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3In a small bowl, combine chili powder, salt, and pepper.
1 tsp chili powder ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 4While the skillet heats up, pat the steak dry with paper towels and place on a plate; rub with the spice mixture on both sides.
¾ lb striploin (New York strip) steak
- 5Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Carefully place the steak in the skillet; flipping every 15 to 30 seconds, cook the steak until desired doneness (5 to 7 minutes for medium-rare). (Use a thermometer or cut into the steak to check the doneness.) Once done, transfer the steak to a plate and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 7Halve the cucumber crosswise, then quarter lengthwise and slice crosswise at an angle; transfer to a salad bowl.
- 8Halve and pit the avocado; scoop out the flesh with a spoon and medium dice; add to the salad bowl.
- 9Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Add to the salad bowl.
- 10Juice the lime and pour over the salad.
- 11Drizzle the salad with olive oil and season with cumin, salt, and pepper; toss to combine.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp cumin ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12To serve, divide the steak and salad between plates. Enjoy!