- ⅛ cupalmonds, sliced
- 8 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- 1 (15 oz) cangarbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ½ pintgrape tomatoes
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ½ mediumred onion
- ½ cupwhole wheat couscous
- 2 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ pint grape tomatoes 2 medium zucchini squash ½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2Trim off and discard the ends of the zucchini; halve the zucchini lengthwise, then cut the halves crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-rounds at a 45° angle. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- 3Halve the grape tomatoes; transfer to a small bowl.
- 4Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Transfer to a small bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 5Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 6While the skillet heats up, trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; medium dice the onion (cut into ½-inch pieces).
½ medium red onion
- 7Once the skillet is heated, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8Add the onion to the skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, until it has softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 9While the onion cooks, using a knife, shave the parsley leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and roughly chop the leaves.
- 10Add the broth to a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
6 fl oz (¾ cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 11Add the garlic and cumin to the skillet and stir until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
½ tsp cumin
- 12Add the zucchini and broth to the skillet; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini is tender, 6 to 8 minutes.
2 fl oz (¼ cup) chicken or vegetable broth ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 13Once the liquid in the saucepan comes to a boil, add couscous and salt; give it a stir and cover with a lid. Remove from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
½ cup whole wheat couscous ¼ tsp salt
- 14Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander.
1 (15 oz) can garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 15Measure out the feta into a small bowl.
½ (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese
- 16Measure out the almonds into a small bowl.
⅛ cup almonds, sliced
- 17Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, and parsley to the zucchini. Stir and cook until the mixture is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 18Uncover the couscous and fluff with a fork.
- 19To serve, place the couscous into a bowl or on a plate, top with the zucchini and chickpea sauté, and sprinkle with the crumbled feta and almonds. Enjoy!