- 1 (142 g) pkgbaby spinach
- 237 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (398 ml) candiced tomatoes
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 4 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 0.68 kglean ground beef
- ½ (227 g) blockmozzarella cheese
- 113 gParmesan cheese
- 2 tbsptomato paste
- 2 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F).
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
2 medium zucchini squash 1 small pkg fresh basil 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley 1 (142 g) pkg baby spinach
- 3Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Peel and mince or press garlic.
4 cloves garlic
- 5Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add ground beef and garlic. Break apart the beef with a spoon until crumbly. Stirring occasionally, cook until beef is browned, 4-6 minutes.
0.68 kg lean ground beef 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Add the tomato paste and cook until fragrant, 1-2 minutes.
2 tbsp tomato paste
- 7Add the tomatoes and broth. Increase the heat to high and bring to a rapid simmer.
1 (398 ml) can diced tomatoes 237 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 8Shave leaves off the parsley stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves. Pick basil leaves off the stems, roll up crosswise, and thinly slice into ribbons. Put some of the fresh herbs aside to use as garnish.
- 9Add the parsley, basil, spinach, salt, and pepper to the skillet. Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Trim ends of the zucchini. Using a vegetable peeler, peel zucchini into thick noodle-like strips.
- 11Remove the tomato sauce from the skillet, and set aside in a bowl. Arrange the half of the zucchini in a flat layer that covers the bottom of the skillet. Pour half of the tomato mixture over top of the zucchini noodles. Then arrange a second layer of zucchini noodles, followed by a second layer of sauce.
- 12Thinly slice the mozzarella cheese. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
½ (227 g) block mozzarella cheese 113 g Parmesan cheese
- 13Cover the top layer of sauce with mozzarella slices and sprinkle with Parmesan, place in the oven for 10-12 minutes. Put the oven to broil for the last few minutes to brown the top if desired.
- 14Divide between plates, garnish with remaining fresh herbs, and enjoy!