- 8 slicesbacon
- ½ (227 g) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1.36 kgnew potatoes
- ½ cupplain Greek yogurt
- 0.45 kgwhite mushrooms
-  black pepper
- 1Wash potatoes; transfer to a large pot, add salt, cover with hot water (from the tap), and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes can be easily pierced with a fork, about 15 minutes.
1.36 kg new potatoes 2 tsp salt
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- 3Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy, 3-5 minutes per side. Cook in batches if necessary.
8 slices bacon
- 5Meanwhile, grate the cheese.
½ (227 g) block cheddar cheese
- 6Wash and dry the remaining fresh produce.
0.45 kg white mushrooms 1 small bunch green onions (scallions) 2 tomatoes
- 7Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- 8When the bacon is done, remove and set aside on a paper towel-lined plate. Transfer the bacon fat to a small bowl and set aside, leaving about 2 tsp in the skillet.
- 9Return skillet to medium heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until tender, 3-4 minutes; remove from heat and set aside.
¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Crumble or chop bacon into small pieces.
- 11When the potatoes are done, drain and transfer to a large baking sheet pan. Using a fork or potato masher, gently crush each potato, flattening them to a 1-inch thickness. Drizzle with 3 tbsp reserved bacon fat and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12Sprinkle cheese, mushrooms, and bacon over the potatoes. Place in the oven and bake until cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes.
- 13Meanwhile, trim off and discard ends of green onions, then cut crosswise into ¼-inch pieces at an angle. Small dice tomatoes.
- 14To serve, divide smashed potatoes between plates or bowls. Top with green onion, tomato, and yogurt. Enjoy!
½ cup plain Greek yogurt