- 2 crownsbroccoli
- ½ (227 g) blockcheddar cheese
- 473 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 2English cucumbers
- 1 cupquinoa
- 1 mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  panko bread crumbs
-  red wine vinegar
- 1In a small saucepan, combine quinoa and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and spread onto a baking sheet in a thin layer to cool.
1 cup quinoa 473 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 2Meanwhile, wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 crowns broccoli 2 English cucumbers
- 3Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- 4Peel and small dice the onion; set half aside in a large bowl for the salad.
1 medium red onion
- 5Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add the other half of the onion to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3-4 minutes.
- 7Finely mince the broccoli (you should have about 4 cups). Add to the skillet along with the onion and cook another 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 8Grate the cheddar.
½ (227 g) block cheddar cheese
- 9In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, onion, broccoli, cheese, panko, and eggs.
1 cup panko bread crumbs 4 eggs
- 10Form the quinoa vegetable mixture into patties using a ¼-cup measure, firmly pressing the mixture together between your hands.
- 11Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel and heat over medium-high heat.
- 12Once the skillet is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Place the patties in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes; flip and cook another 2-3 minutes, until golden brown on both sides. Work in batches if necessary.
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 13Trim the ends of the cucumber; then thinly slice.
- 14Add cucumber, oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper to the bowl with the onion. Stir to combine.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp red wine vinegar ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 15To serve, divide the quinoa patties and cucumber salad between plates. Enjoy!