- 1 (8 oz) blockcheddar cheese
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 pintsgrape tomatoes
- 2jalapeño peppers
- 4large flour tortillas
- 1 ½ lblean ground beef
- ½ cupplain Greek yogurt
- 1 mediumred onion
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 pints grape tomatoes 2 jalapeño peppers 1 lime 1 small bunch cilantro
- 2Quarter the tomatoes and transfer to a medium bowl (that will hold the salsa).
- 3Quarter the jalapeño peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the stem, seeds, and membranes. Finely dice the peppers and add to the salsa bowl.
- 4Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Add to the salsa bowl.
- 5Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 6Trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion (cut into ¼-inch pieces). Add ½ of the onion to the salsa bowl and leave the rest on the cutting board.
1 medium red onion
- 7Once the skillet is hot, add coconut oil to the skillet and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Add the remaining diced onion to the skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 9Juice the limes and add to the salsa bowl.
- 10Season the salsa with salt and pepper; mix together and set aside.
1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 11Add the ground beef to the skillet and season with chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook, breaking apart with a spoon, until the beef is browned and crumbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Once done, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
1 ½ lb lean ground beef 1 tsp chili powder 1 tsp cumin 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 12While the beef cooks, coarsely grate 2 cups of cheddar.
1 (8 oz) block cheddar cheese
- 13Once the beef mixture has been transferred, remove any leftover bits from the skillet.
- 14Place the tortillas on a flat surface. Layer one half of each tortilla with ⅛ of the cheese, ¼ of the beef mixture, and another ⅛ of the cheese. Fold tortillas over to close.
4 large flour tortillas
- 15Place 2 of the quesadillas in the skillet, straight edges next to each other. Cook until golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, 2-4 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the quesadillas to a cutting board. Repeat with the remaining 2 quesadillas.
- 16Cut each quesadilla into 4 wedges.
- 17To serve, divide the quesadillas between plates and serve with the pico de gallo and Greek yogurt. Enjoy!
½ cup plain Greek yogurt