- ⅔ cupbasmati rice
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1red bell pepper
- ½ mediumred onion
- ¾ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
- 1yellow bell pepper
- 1 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt, add water and bring to a boil over high heat.
⅔ cup basmati rice 1 ⅓ cup water ¼ tsp salt
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 medium zucchini squash 1 red bell pepper 1 yellow bell pepper ½ small bunch cilantro
- 3Preheat oven to broil and position rack under the broiler.
- 4Season steak with salt and pepper and cut into 1 inch cubes.
¾ lb striploin (New York strip) steak ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Once the liquid with the rice comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 6Peel the onion, cut it into quarters and seperate it into slices; place in a medium bowl.
½ medium red onion
- 7Trim off the ends of the zucchini then cut in half lengthwise; Cut into 2 inch pieces and add to the bowl with the onion.
- 8Cut peppers into quarters, remove seeds and membranes; cut in half crosswise and add to bowl with zucchini and onion.
- 9Add oil, curry powder, pepper and salt to the bowl with the veggies, toss to coat.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp curry powder ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Thread beef, onion, squash and peppers onto skewers and place onto the broiler pan. If you don't have skewers, spread veggies and steak on the broiler pan.
- 11Broil in preheated oven, turning every 3 minutes, until done, about 12 minutes. If you aren't using skewers simply toss the vegetables and beef every 3 minutes.
- 12Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork; gently fold in minced cilantro, reserving 1 tbsp for garnish.
- 14To serve, divide rice and skewers between plates and garnish with reserved cilantro. Enjoy!