- ⅔ cupbasmati rice
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1red bell pepper
- ½ mediumred onion
- ¾ lbstriploin (New York strip) steak
- 1yellow bell pepper
- 1 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  curry powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Season the rice with salt, add water and bring to a boil over high heat.
⅔ cup basmati rice 1 ⅓ cup water ¼ tsp salt
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 medium zucchini squash 1 red bell pepper 1 yellow bell pepper ½ small bunch cilantro
- 3Preheat oven to broil and position rack under the broiler.
- 4Season steak with salt and pepper and cut into 1 inch cubes.
¾ lb striploin (New York strip) steak ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 5Once the liquid with the rice comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 6Peel the onion, cut it into quarters and separate it into slices; place in a medium bowl.
½ medium red onion
- 7Trim off the ends of the zucchini then cut in half lengthwise; Cut into 2 inch pieces and add to the bowl with the onion.
- 8Cut peppers into quarters, remove seeds and membranes; cut in half crosswise and add to bowl with zucchini and onion.
- 9Add oil, curry powder, pepper and salt to the bowl with the veggies, toss to coat.
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp curry powder ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 10Thread beef, onion, squash and peppers onto skewers and place onto the broiler pan. If you don't have skewers, spread veggies and steak on the broiler pan.
- 11Broil in preheated oven, turning every 3 minutes, until done, about 12 minutes. If you aren't using skewers simply toss the vegetables and beef every 3 minutes.
- 12Shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 13Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork; gently fold in minced cilantro, reserving 1 tbsp for garnish.
- 14To serve, divide rice and skewers between plates and garnish with reserved cilantro. Enjoy!