- 2 mediumcarrots
- 1 medium headcauliflower
- 946 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (2 ½ cm) piecesginger root
- 1 cupplain Greek yogurt
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  cayenne pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  red lentils
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 medium carrots 1 medium head cauliflower 2 (2 ½ cm) pieces ginger root 2 tomatoes 1 small bunch cilantro 2 avocados
- 2Peel and medium dice the carrots and onion; place both in a medium bowl.
1 medium yellow onion
- 3Trim off and discard the leaves and thick stem of the cauliflower, then roughly chop it into bite-sized pieces; add to the bowl with the carrot and onion.
- 4Preheat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- 5Once the pot is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add veggies and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 6 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, peel and mince or grate the ginger; peel and mince the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 8Coarsely chop the tomatoes.
- 9Once the veggies are soft, add the ginger, garlic, and tomatoes to the pot. Cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 10Stir in broth, water, lentils, and spices. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, about 15 minutes.
946 ml chicken or vegetable broth 4 cup water 1 cup red lentils 2 tsp cumin ½ tsp cayenne pepper ½ tsp salt
- 11Meanwhile, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 12Place cilantro, yogurt, and salt in a medium bowl; whisk to combine.
1 cup plain Greek yogurt ¼ tsp salt
- 13Halve and pit the avocados; slice crosswise while still in the skin and scoop out with a spoon.
- 14Using an immersion (hand) blender, process the soup until smooth. Alternatively, transfer soup to a regular blender and blend on high until smooth.
- 15To serve, divide the soup between bowls and top with yogurt and avocado. Enjoy!