- 1 (142 g) pkgbaby spinach
- 4 slicesbacon
- 1 smallbutternut squash
- 473 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 340 gfettuccine pasta
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 85 gParmesan cheese
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
- 1Chop the bacon into small pieces.
4 slices bacon
- 2Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Add bacon to the saucepan and cook until crispy, 3-4 minutes. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate; remove the saucepan from the heat but leave the bacon fat in the saucepan.
- 4Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and small dice the onion.
2 cloves garlic 1 medium yellow onion
- 5Wash the squash; trim off and discard the ends. Halve the squash lengthwise and scrape out the seeds from each half; peel and small dice the squash. You should have about 3 cups of diced squash.
1 small butternut squash
- 6Return the saucepan to medium heat. Add the onion, minced garlic, and butternut squash to the bacon fat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- 7Add broth to the pan with squash mixture, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and let simmer, covered, until the squash is fork-tender, 15 minutes.
473 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 8Fill a large pot halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
340 g fettuccine pasta 1 tbsp salt
- 9Finely grate the Parmesan cheese and set aside.
85 g Parmesan cheese
- 10Once the squash mixture is cooked through, puree with an immersion (hand) blender or regular blender. Return the pureed mixture to the saucepan on low heat to keep warm. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
1 tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 11Add pasta to the saucepan with the squash puree; toss to combine.
- 12Add spinach to the pasta and stir, allowing the spinach to wilt into the pasta, about 3 minutes.
1 (142 g) pkg baby spinach
- 13To serve, divide pasta between bowls and top with bacon. Enjoy!