- 4 slicesbacon
- 1 lbbrussels sprouts
- ¾ lbsea scallops
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  butter, unsalted
-  red wine vinegar
- 1Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add the bacon to the skillet and cook until crispy, 3-5 minutes per side.
4 slices bacon
- 3Meanwhile, peel and small dice the onion.
½ medium yellow onion
- 4Once the bacon is cooked, transfer to a plate lined with paper towels; pat to remove excess oil. Crumble or chop into small pieces and set aside.
- 5Return skillet (with bacon fat) to the stove over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until softened, 3-5 minutes.
- 6Wash, trim ends, and thinly slice Brussels sprouts.
1 lb brussels sprouts
- 7Add the Brussels sprouts, vinegar, sugar, and salt to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned and tender, 4-6 minutes. Once done, transfer to a medium bowl; set aside.
1 tbsp red wine vinegar 2 tsp brown sugar ½ tsp salt
- 8Return skillet to medium-high heat and add the butter.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 9Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season with salt and pepper on both sides.
¾ lb sea scallops ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 10Carefully add scallops to the skillet in a single layer; cook until they develop a nice sear and are opaque throughout, 1½-2 minutes per side. Once done, transfer to a clean plate.
- 11To serve, divide the Brussels sprouts between plates. Top with the scallops and crumbled bacon. Enjoy!