- 2 (15 oz) cansblack beans
- 16 fl ozchicken or vegetable broth
- 1 (4 oz) pkgcrumbled feta cheese
- 2Gala apples
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2green bell peppers
- 1 bunchkale
- ¼ cuppecans, dry roasted
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  apple cider vinegar
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 green bell peppers 2 Gala apples 1 bunch kale
- 2Quarter the bell peppers lengthwise; remove and discard the stem, seeds, and membranes. Small dice the peppers (cut into ¼-inch cubes) and transfer to a medium bowl.
- 3Preheat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 4Trim off and discard the ends of the onion and remove the outer layer; small dice the onion (cut into ¼-inch cubes) and add to the bell peppers.
1 medium yellow onion
- 5Once the saucepan is hot, add olive oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6Add the bell peppers and onion to the saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
- 7Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 8Add the garlic, cumin, and crushed red pepper to the saucepan; cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 15 to 30 seconds.
1 tsp cumin ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 9Add the broth and beans (with their liquid) to the saucepan; season with salt and pepper. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 minutes.
16 fl oz (2 cups) chicken or vegetable broth 2 (15 oz) cans black beans 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 10In a large salad bowl, combine and whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper.
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 tsp honey ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 11Cut out and discard the kale stems; chop the leaves crosswise into ½-inch strips. Add the kale to the salad bowl and, using your hands, massage the dressing into the leaves.
- 12Quarter the apples lengthwise, then cut out the core and stem from each section; cut each quarter lengthwise into thin wedges. Add to the salad bowl.
- 13Roughly chop the pecans and add to the salad bowl. Toss the salad to combine.
¼ cup pecans, dry roasted
- 14Using an immersion (hand) blender, puree the soup until the desired consistently is reached. Alternatively, mash the beans with a potato masher.
- 15To serve, divide the soup between bowls and garnish with feta. Serve with the kale salad on the side. Enjoy!
1 (4 oz) pkg crumbled feta cheese