- 1 (15 oz) canblack beans
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1 (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 1 smallpineapple
- 1 mediumred onion
- 2 (8 oz) canstomato sauce
- 8whole grain pitas
-  black pepper
-  crushed red pepper
-  onion powder
- 1Peel and slice the onion into thin half rings.
1 medium red onion
- 2Wash and dry the pineapple. Cut skin off pineapple, core, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
1 small pineapple
- 3Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; set aside to drain further.
1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 4Peel and mince garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 5In a medium bowl, combine garlic, tomato sauce, and spices. Stir to combine and set aside.
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce ¼ tsp crushed red pepper ¼ tsp paprika ¼ tsp onion powder ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6Preheat oven to broil.
- 7Grate the mozzarella.
1 (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 8To assemble, top the pitas with a thin layer of tomato sauce, cheese, red onion, pineapple, and black beans. Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven for 2-3 minutes, until the cheese melts.
8 whole grain pitas
- 9Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems.
1 small bunch cilantro
- 10Remove from oven and top with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!