- 2 (398 ml) cansdiced tomatoes
- 2flatbreads or naan
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 6 clovesgarlic
- 0.68 kglean ground beef
- ½ (425 g) pkgricotta cheese
- 1 mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  Italian seasoning
-  panko bread crumbs
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
1 medium yellow onion 6 cloves garlic
- 2In a large bowl, combine ½ of the onion and garlic (save the rest for the sauce), beef, bread crumbs, ricotta, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
0.68 kg lean ground beef ¼ cup panko bread crumbs ½ pkg (1 cup) ricotta cheese 2 tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 3Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Shape beef into meatballs, about 24, and place on a plate.
- 5Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add meatballs and, turning frequently, cook until browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Return pan to stove and reduce heat to medium. Add remaining onion and garlic. Stirring frequently, cook until onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add meatballs. Cook until meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
2 (398 ml) cans diced tomatoes 2 tsp Italian seasoning ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 8Wash and dry basil. Pick leaves off the stems; discard the stems and thinly slice leaves into ribbons. Stir ½ into the sauce while it cooks (save the rest for garnishing).
1 small pkg fresh basil
- 9Toast flatbreads and cut into wedges.
2 flatbreads or naan
- 10To serve, place meatballs and tomato sauce on a plate, garnish with basil, and have with warm bread on the side. Enjoy!