- 1 (14.5 oz) candiced tomatoes
- 1flatbread or naan
- ½ small pkgfresh basil
- 3 clovesgarlic
- ¾ lblean ground beef
- ¼ (15 oz) pkgricotta cheese
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  Italian seasoning
-  panko bread crumbs
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 3 cloves garlic
- 2In a medium bowl, combine ½ of the onion and garlic (save the rest for the sauce), beef, bread crumbs, ricotta, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Mix until well combined.
¾ lb lean ground beef ⅛ cup panko bread crumbs ¼ pkg (½ cup) ricotta cheese 1 tsp Italian seasoning ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 3Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Shape beef into meatballs, about 12, and place on a plate.
- 5Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add meatballs and, turning frequently, cook until browned, 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 6Return pan to stove and reduce heat to medium. Add remaining onion and garlic. Stirring frequently, cook until onion is softened, 3-4 minutes.
- 7Add tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and add meatballs. Cook until meatballs are cooked through and sauce thickens, about 10 minutes.
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes 1 tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 8Wash and dry basil. Pick leaves off the stems; discard the stems and thinly slice leaves into ribbons. Stir ½ into the sauce while it cooks (save the rest for garnishing).
½ small pkg fresh basil
- 9Toast flatbread and cut into wedges.
1 flatbread or naan
- 10To serve, place meatballs and tomato sauce on a plate, garnish with basil, and have with warm bread on the side. Enjoy!