- ½ (15 oz) canblack beans
- 1 mediumcarrot
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ½ small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ½ medium headnapa cabbage
- 2whole grain buns or rolls
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  apple cider vinegar
-  brown sugar
-  Dijon mustard
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  garlic powder
-  onion powder
-  pure maple syrup
-  soy sauce
-  vegan mayonnaise
- 1Peel and mince the onion.
½ medium yellow onion
- 2Preheat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 3Peel and mince the garlic.
2 cloves garlic
- 4Once the saucepan is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5Add the onion and garlic to the saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, until slightly softened, 3-4 minutes.
- 6Drain and rinse the beans in a colander; add to the saucepan with the onion. Stir to combine.
½ (15 oz) can black beans
- 7Add the ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, Dijon, brown sugar, and spices to the saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, while you make the slaw.
¼ cup ketchup 1 ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 ½ tsp soy sauce ½ tsp Dijon mustard 1 tbsp brown sugar ¼ tsp paprika ¼ tsp garlic powder ⅛ tsp salt
- 8In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup, and onion powder. Set aside.
¼ cup vegan mayonnaise 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard 1 ½ tsp pure maple syrup ½ tsp onion powder
- 9Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ medium head napa cabbage 1 medium carrot ½ small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 10Trim off and discard the root end of the cabbage; halve the cabbage lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- 11Trim and peel the carrot, then julienne or coarsely grate. Add to the bowl with the cabbage.
- 12Trim off and discard the ends of the green onions; cut the onions into ¼-inch pieces and add to the bowl with the cabbage. Stir to combine the veggies with the dressing and set aside.
- 13Toast the buns if desired.
2 whole grain buns or rolls
- 14To serve, place the bottom half of a bun on each plate. Top with bean mixture and some of the slaw; close with top half of the bun. Serve with remaining slaw on the side. Enjoy!