- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 1 small pkgfresh basil
- 2 clovesgarlic
-  balsamic vinegar
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
4 peaches 4 tomatoes 1 small pkg fresh basil
- 2Halve the tomatoes lengthwise and cut out and discard the stem ends; cut the halves into thin wedges. Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- 3Quarter the peaches lengthwise (around the pit) and twist the quarters to separate, then remove and discard the pits; cut each quarter lengthwise into thin wedges. Add to the salad bowl.
- 4Preheat a grill pan or regular skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Trim off and discard the root ends of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Transfer to a medium bowl (that will be used to marinade the chicken).
2 cloves garlic
- 6To the garlic, add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper; whisk together.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 7Pat dry the chicken breasts with paper towels and place in the bowl with the marinade; turn to coat.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 8Carefully place the chicken breasts in the grill pan / skillet; cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through (check doneness with a thermometer or cut into the chicken with a knife), 6 to 8 minutes per side. Once done, transfer the chicken to plate.
- 9Trim off and discard the ends of the shallots; peel and halve the shallots lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise. Add to the salad bowl.
- 10Pick the basil leaves off the stems; discard the stems and slice the leaves into a chiffonade by stacking them and rolling tightly into a cigar, then slicing crosswise into thin ribbons. Add to the salad bowl.
- 11Drizzle the salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then season with salt and pepper; gently toss until well combined.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 2 tsp balsamic vinegar ½ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12Slice the chicken crosswise into strips.
- 13To serve, divide the salad and chicken slices between plates. Enjoy!