- 2 (142 g) pkgbaby spinach
- 473 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- 2 (398 ml) cansdiced tomatoes
- 8 clovesgarlic
- 1 small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ⅔ (227 g) blockmozzarella cheese
- ¼ cupplain Greek yogurt
- 2 (213 ml) canstomato sauce
- 1 cupwhole wheat couscous
- 2 mediumyellow onions
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
- 1Preheat the oven to 220°C (425°F). Line two large baking sheet pans with parchment paper.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce. (Skip the spinach if it came pre-washed.)
3 eggplants 2 (142 g) pkg baby spinach 1 small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 3Trim off and discard ends of eggplants; slice lengthwise into ¼-inch thick pieces. Divide between baking sheets and rub with oil and salt on both sides. Place in the oven and cook until soft, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp salt
- 4Meanwhile, place couscous in a large bowl.
1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 5Place broth in a medium saucepan, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat, pour into the bowl with the couscous, and stir. Cover tightly with foil and let stand for 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
473 ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 6Peel and small dice onions. Peel and mince garlic.
2 medium yellow onions 8 cloves garlic
- 7Return the saucepan used for the broth to medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 8Add onion and garlic to the pan. Cook, stirring frequently, until onion begins to soften, 3-4 minutes.
- 9Meanwhile, coarsely chop spinach. Shave parsley leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
- 10Add spinach, half of the parsley, salt, and pepper to the pan; cook, stirring frequently, until the spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add to the bowl with the couscous along with the yogurt; stir to combine. Set aside remaining parsley.
1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 11In a medium bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, and spices. Spread a thin layer of the sauce over the bottom of a large baking dish; set remaining sauce aside.
2 (398 ml) cans diced tomatoes 2 (213 ml) cans tomato sauce 2 tsp Italian seasoning 1 tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 12Place a small amount of spinach-couscous mixture towards the end of each eggplant slice. Roll each slice and place, side-by-side, seam-side down, in the baking dish.
- 13Grate the mozzarella.
⅔ (227 g) block mozzarella cheese
- 14Pour remaining tomato sauce over the top of the rolls. Sprinkle with cheese and bake for 8-12 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- 15To serve, divide rolls between plates and garnish with remaining parsley. Enjoy!