- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2English cucumbers
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2Granny Smith apples
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- 1 cupjasmine rice
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  panko bread crumbs
-  rice vinegar
-  sesame seeds
-  toasted sesame oil
-  Worcestershire sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 2Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup jasmine rice 2 cup water
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15-18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the eggs. Place flour and bread crumbs on two separate plates.
2 eggs ½ cup all-purpose flour 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 5Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Holding a knife parallel to the cutting board, cut the chicken in half horizontally to form thin fillets. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless 1 tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 6Dredge chicken fillets in flour, shake off excess, then dip into the bowl with the egg. Let the excess drip off, then dredge the chicken fillets in the bread crumbs, pressing to adhere. Transfer to the baking sheet.
- 7Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 450°F and continue to bake until the crust is golden brown and the chicken is cooked through, 4-6 minutes more. Watch carefully because the bread crumbs can burn quickly.
- 8Meanwhile, peel and mince the garlic; place in a large bowl along with vinegar, oil, honey, and salt. Whisk to combine the dressing.
2 cloves garlic 2 tbsp rice vinegar 4 tsp toasted sesame oil 2 tsp honey ⅛ tsp salt
- 9Wash and dry the fresh produce.
2 English cucumbers 2 Granny Smith apples 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 10Trim off and discard the ends of the cucumbers; thinly slice into match-like sticks. Add to the bowl with the dressing.
- 11Core, quarter, and cut the apples into thin match-like sticks. Add to the bowl.
- 12Trim off and discard ends of the green onions. Slice onions lengthwise into long, thin strips, then cut crosswise into bite-sized pieces. Add to the bowl and toss to combine the slaw.
- 13In a small bowl, prepare the katsu sauce by whisking together ketchup, Worcestershire, sugar, and sesame seeds.
2 tbsp ketchup 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce 4 tsp brown sugar 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 14Slice chicken into strips.
- 15To serve, divide rice, chicken, and slaw between bowls and drizzle with katsu sauce. Enjoy!