- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 1 cupfrozen corn
- 2 clovesgarlic
- ½ pintgrape tomatoes
- ¾ lbraw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- ½ headromaine lettuce
-  black pepper
-  chili powder
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash and dry the fresh produce.
½ pint grape tomatoes ½ head romaine lettuce ½ small bunch cilantro 1 avocado 1 lime
- 2If using frozen shrimp, place them in a colander and run under cold water to thaw them slightly and remove any ice crystals, then set the colander aside, allowing the shrimp to drain. (If using fresh shrimp, skip this step.)
¾ lb raw peeled shrimp, fresh or frozen
- 3Trim off and discard the root end of the lettuce and remove any blemished leaves; halve the lettuce lengthwise, then chop crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 4Halve the grape tomatoes lengthwise; transfer to a small bowl.
- 5Halve the avocado lengthwise and twist the halves to separate, then remove the pit with a knife or spoon; scoop out and medium dice the flesh. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 6Place the shrimp on a clean towel or paper towels and pat dry, then transfer to a medium bowl.
- 7Using a knife, shave the cilantro leaves off the stems at a downward angle, working away from your body; discard the stems and finely chop the leaves. Add ½ of the cilantro to the shrimp and transfer the other ½ to a small bowl (that you'll use for the dressing).
- 8Trim off and discard the root end of the garlic; peel and mince or press the garlic. Add the garlic to the bowl with the shrimp.
2 cloves garlic
- 9Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- 10While the skillet heats up, juice the lime; add ½ of the lime juice to the bowl with the shrimp and the other ½ to the bowl with the cilantro.
- 11Season the shrimp with chili powder, salt, and pepper; toss to combine in the marinade.
1 tsp chili powder ¼ tsp salt ¼ tsp black pepper
- 12Once the skillet is heated, add coconut oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 13Add the corn to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn is lightly browned and tender, 2 to 4 minutes. Once done, transfer to a small bowl.
1 cup frozen corn ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 14Add olive oil, salt, and pepper to the small bowl with the cilantro and lime juice; whisk together and set aside.
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 15Once the corn has been transferred, add more coconut oil to the skillet, followed by the shrimp. Cook until they are pink and opaque, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Once done, remove the skillet from the heat.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 16To serve, arrange a bed of the chopped romaine on a plate, top with the tomatoes, avocado, corn, and shrimp, and drizzle with the dressing. Enjoy!