- 0.34 kgchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 708 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small bunchcilantro
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1jalapeño pepper
- ½ mediumyellow onion
-  black pepper
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Wash jalapeño and tomatoes. Seed and mince jalapeño. Medium dice tomatoes.
1 jalapeño pepper 2 tomatoes
- 2Peel and small dice onion. Peel and mince garlic.
½ medium yellow onion 2 cloves garlic
- 3Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- 4Add oil to saucepan and swirl to coat bottom. Add onion and jalapeño; cook, stirring frequently, until tender, 2-3 minutes.
1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 5Add garlic and tomatoes to saucepan; cook for about 1 minute.
- 6Slice chicken in half horizontally into thin fillets.
0.34 kg chicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 7Add broth, cumin, salt, and pepper to saucepan.
708 ml (3 cups) chicken or vegetable broth ¼ tsp cumin ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 8Place chicken in liquid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat back to medium, cover, and cook until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Once cooked, transfer chicken to a plate.
- 9Wash and dry cilantro. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and chop the leaves.
½ small bunch cilantro
- 10Halve and pit avocado. Spoon out the flesh and medium dice.
- 11Shred or dice chicken and return to saucepan. Stir in ¾ of the cilantro (save the rest for garnishing) and lime juice.
juice of ½ lime
- 12Cut remaining ½ lime to wedges.
- 13Serve soup in a bowl, stir in avocado, and garnish with remaining cilantro and lime wedges.