- 1 small bunchasparagus
- 118 mlchicken or vegetable broth
- ½ small pkgchives
- ½ (113 g) loggoat cheese
- 170 gpenne pasta
- ⅛ cuppine nuts
-  all-purpose flour
-  black pepper
-  butter, unsalted
- 1Fill a medium saucepan halfway with water, cover, and bring to a boil. Uncover, add salt and pasta, and stir for a few seconds. Cook until desired firmness, 8-10 minutes.
about 7 cups water 1 tbsp salt 170 g (2 ¼ cups) penne pasta
- 2Wash asparagus, snap off woody ends, and cut diagonally into 5 cm pieces. Add to pasta during the final 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Boil until bright green and tender-crisp.
1 small bunch asparagus
- 3Wash lemon and grate 1 tsp of zest. Wash and chop chives into small pieces.
1 lemon ½ small pkg chives
- 4Heat a small saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Add butter to saucepan and let it melt. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
1 tbsp butter, unsalted 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 6Add broth and, stirring constantly, cook until sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes.
118 ml (½ cup) chicken or vegetable broth
- 7Add zest, lemon juice, goat cheese, ½ of the chives (save the rest for garnishing), and salt. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
juice of ½ lemon ½ (113 g) log goat cheese ½ tsp salt
- 8Drain pasta and asparagus and return to saucepan.
- 9Add sauce to pasta and toss.
- 10Cut remaining ½ lemon into wedges.
- 11To serve, place pasta in a bowl or on a plate. Garnish with pine nuts, remaining chives, freshly ground pepper, and lemon wedges. Enjoy!
⅛ cup pine nuts