- 2 mediumcarrots
- 2 lbchicken thighs, boneless skinless
- 1 small bunchcilantro
- 1English cucumber
- 1 small pkgfresh mint
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 1jalapeño pepper
- 1 small headred cabbage
-  black pepper
-  brown sugar
-  fish sauce
-  flat rice (pad thai) noodles
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
- 1Fill a large pot about halfway with hot water (from the tap); cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2Wash and dry the fresh produce.
1 jalapeño pepper 2 limes 2 medium carrots 1 English cucumber 1 small head red cabbage 1 small bunch cilantro 1 small pkg fresh mint
- 3Peel and mince garlic; place in a large bowl.
2 cloves garlic
- 4Thinly slice the jalapeño into rounds; remove seeds and add to the bowl with the garlic. (Be careful, with jalapeños, do not touch your eyes and ensure you wash your hands after handling or wear gloves while preparing).
- 5Juice limes into the bowl. Add soy sauce, sugar, fish sauce, and oil; whisk to combine the dressing and set aside.
¼ cup soy sauce 3 tbsp brown sugar 2 tbsp fish sauce 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 6Once the water in the pot is boiling, remove from heat and add rice noodles. Soak for 10 minutes, or according to package directions, then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water.
10 oz flat rice (pad thai) noodles
- 7Meanwhile, preheat a grill pan, outdoor grill, or regular skillet over medium-high heat.
- 8While the grill pan heats up, pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels and place on a plate; season with salt and pepper on both sides.
2 lb chicken thighs, boneless skinless ½ tsp salt ½ tsp black pepper
- 9Once the grill pan is hot, coat with oil. Working in batches if necessary, add chicken and grill, flipping once, until golden and cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a clean plate.
1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 10Meanwhile, peel, trim, and julienne or coarsely grate the carrots. Transfer to the bowl with the dressing.
- 11Trim and halve the cucumber lengthwise, then slice crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces at an angle. Add to the bowl.
- 12Halve the cabbage lengthwise and cut out the core; thinly slice crosswise and add to the bowl.
- 13Shave cilantro leaves off the stems. Pick mint leaves off the stems. Roughly chop leaves and add to the bowl.
- 14Slice the chicken crosswise into strips. Add to the bowl along with the noodles and toss to combine the salad.
- 15To serve, divide noodle salad between bowls and enjoy!