- 1 cupbasmati rice
- 2 lbBrussels sprouts
- 1 ½ lbchicken breasts, boneless skinless
- 2 clovesgarlic
- 2 (1 inch) piecesginger root
- 1 small bunchgreen onions (scallions)
- ¼ cuppeanuts, roasted unsalted
-  crushed red pepper
-  rice vinegar
-  soy sauce
-  toasted sesame oil
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Using a strainer or colander, rinse the rice under cold, running water, then drain and transfer to a small saucepan. Add water and bring the mixture to a boil over high heat.
1 cup basmati rice 16 fl oz (2 cups) water
- 2Slice chicken into thin strips. Transfer to a small bowl, drizzle with soy sauce, and toss to coat. Set aside.
1 ½ lb chicken breasts, boneless skinless 2 tsp soy sauce
- 3Once the liquid comes to a boil, stir the mixture, cover the saucepan, and reduce the heat to low. Cook the rice until the liquid is fully absorbed, 15 to 18 minutes. Once done, remove the rice from the heat and let it stand, still covered, for 5 minutes.
- 4Wash, trim ends, and thinly slice brussels sprouts.
2 lb brussels sprouts
- 5Preheat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Peel and mince garlic and ginger. Wash and dry green onions; trim the root ends and chop.
2 cloves garlic 2 (1 inch) pieces ginger 1 small bunch green onions (scallions)
- 7Coat bottom of skillet with oil. Add chicken strips and cook until cooked through, 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
about 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 8Roughly chop peanuts. Set aside.
¼ cup peanuts, roasted unsalted
- 9Return skillet to stove and add a little more oil. Add garlic, ginger, and pepper and cook until fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 10Add sprouts and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened, 2-3 minutes.
- 11In a medium bowl, whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and water.
4 tbsp soy sauce 4 tbsp rice vinegar 1 tbsp honey 1 tsp sesame oil ½ cup water
- 12Add sauce to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid thickens, 2-3 minutes.
- 13Return chicken to skillet and add green onions. Toss and remove from heat.
- 14Uncover the rice and fluff with a fork.
- 15To serve, place rice on a plate, top with stir fry, and sprinkle with peanuts. Enjoy!