- 1 clovegarlic
- ½ small bunchItalian (flat-leaf) parsley
- ¾ lblean ground beef
- ¼ (8 oz) blockmozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 oz) cantomato sauce
- ¼ lbwhite mushrooms
- ½ mediumyellow onion
- 2 mediumzucchini squash
-  black pepper
-  extra virgin olive oil
-  Italian seasoning
-  virgin coconut oil
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Wash and halve zucchini lengthwise. Scrape out and discard the soft flesh from the middle of each half.
- 3Place zucchini halves in a baking dish cut side up. Rub with a little olive oil and season with a little salt and pepper. Place in the oven and bake while you prepare the filling, 15-20 minutes.
about ½ tsp extra virgin olive oil ⅛ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 4Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- 5Wash and small dice mushrooms. Peel and mince onion and garlic.
¼ lb white mushrooms ½ medium yellow onion 1 clove garlic
- 6Coat bottom of pan with oil. Add onion, garlic, and mushrooms. Stirring frequently, cook until vegetables are softened, 3-4 minutes.
½ tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 7Add beef and, breaking apart with a spoon, cook until browned and crumbly, 3-4 minutes.
¾ lb lean ground beef
- 8Add tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, 2-3 minutes.
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce 1 tsp Italian seasoning ¼ tsp salt ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 9Coarsely grate ½ cup of mozzarella.
¼ (8 oz) block mozzarella cheese
- 10Remove dish from oven. Fill zucchini halves with beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Place back in the oven and bake until cheese melts, 4-5 minutes.
- 11Wash and dry parsley. Shave leaves off the stems; discard the stems and mince the leaves.
½ small bunch Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 12To serve, place zucchini boats on a plate and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!